Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Final Post for Jeckyll and Hyde

Trapped in Hell

I open the key to Hell
As Jekyll says farewell
Good has seemed to vanish
As Hell traps me in anquish

I see the devil comfort me
While it drains every ounce of life from me
I only believe in good just a tad
because I feel as if the devil aint that bad

His pleasurable evil tricks me
As God can no longer save me
I persuade myself that life is to an end
As I begin to wear evil as if it is a trend

I wish to no longer fight
As my evil awakens during the night
This may be my last goodbye
Because I have now become Hyde

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspiring Quotes...

"Here then, as I lay down the pen and proceed to seal up my confession I bring the life of that unhappy Henry Jekyll to an end."
"...last time, short of a miracle, that Henry Jekyll can think his own thoughts or see his own face (now sadley altered) in the glass."
"I would still be merrily disposed at times; and as my pleasures were (to say the least) undignified, and I was not only well known..."
"I have observed that when I wore the semblance of Edward Hyde..."


1 comment:

  1. Nice stanzas, perfect rhyming, and perfect poem to summarize all the themes of the story.

    ReplyDelete